COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”. We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. A Cookie is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our websites. The Cookie is stored on your machine and may allow collection of log files about your visit to our websites and your IP address. Among other things, Cookies help us to recognise you when you re-visit our websites and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the websites. Selected third parties may also send your machine Cookies when you visit our websites, however, any data collected by such third party. Cookies will be non-personally identifiable. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more. Keep in mind that, if you do this, you may not be able to access all features of our websites. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
You do not need to give us personal information, but if you don’t, we may not be able to help you or provide you with the requested services/products or allow you to participate in an advertised activity.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only disclose your Personal Information to the extent it is necessary, appropriate, or helpful to conduct and administer our business and activities or facilitate our dealings with you. For example, we use Shopify for our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
You can always opt out of receiving any marketing material via electronic mail from us by following the instructions in the relevant electronic mail to unsubscribe. You also have a right to access and seek correction of the personal information we hold about you. You can do so by using the Contact Form on this web site or write to us at Icon Publishing, PO Box 9229, Pacific Paradise, QLD, 4564, Australia. We will require suitable proof of identity from you before we can grant access or make the requested changes. In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent that providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual, or providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals, or it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access in accordance with the Act. If we agree, we will make any changes you request. If we don’t agree to make changes, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
CONCERNS OR COMPLIANTS
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have a question, concern or complaint in relation to our handling of your personal information or you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or any other applicable privacy laws or codes, you can contact us by using the Contact Form on this web site or write to us at: Icon Publishing
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
PO Box 9229
Pacific Paradise QLD 4564, Australia
We will investigate your concerns and will respond to you in writing (usually within 14 working days).